Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Welcome and Intro

Hello. If you're here, it may be because you've been using our services or are thinking about it. We welcome your comments and questions. The best ways to get to us are to email LighthouseAttorneyService@gmail.com (as you know email addresses aren't "case-sensitive" but I added capital letters to make the email address more readable), or to call Jeff's cell phone: 480-628-9786.

If you've used our services and have suggestions for improvement, they'd likewise be welcome.

Process serving is usually pretty easy, occasionally impossible, and almost always interesting. For that reason, I'll be sharing some stories in the future, in this space.

As an example, this morning (December 24, 2014), we served a guy who'd either been evading or was very lucky and not being home when we showed up. We received word that he walks his dog between 4:30 and 5:00 A.M., so this morning we showed at about 4:15 and waited. At 4:40, he and his German Shepherd walked outside through his garage.

Even though this is Arizona, it was cold, so after waiting in the car, instead of getting out, I drove up to him and said, "Agamemnon!" (not his real name, nor what I called him, which WAS his real name). He looked up at me and I held the papers outside of the car window. "These are for you, Sir."

"What are they?" he asked, keeping his hand to himself.

"They're legal papers, Sir, and I can drop them on the ground, or hand them to you, but either way, you're being served." He then took the documents.

I later let his wife (soon-to-be EX-wife, actually) know that he'd been served. She was very happy, told me that her prayers had been answered (I didn't know I was that powerful), and that I gave her the best gift she could get.

Frankly, that was a bit of exaggeration, but I understand her sense of relief.

OK, it was a lot of exaggeration.

If you're already a client of ours, thanks for reading and I'll look forward to talking with you soon. If not, and we can answer any questions for you, without obligation on your part, please feel free to get in touch.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment